Saturday, April 26, 2008

MEGAN & DANIEL go to the BOB GRUEN OPENING!






So this week Megan and I went to a really cool Bob Gruen photography exhibit at the "Morrison Hotel" gallery at the old CBGB space. CBGB closed down last summer after years of being the historic underground home of punk rock on the Bowery. CBGB is where the Ramones, Blondie, Sex Pistols, and many more famous punk rock bands got their start. Bob Gruen is probably the most famous photographer to make pictures of all of these bands. His most iconic images are of John Lennon... (see above)

Since I was almost positive that Bob Gruen would be there, I googled his photograph beforehand so I could recognize him at the event. I knew he was a middle aged man with curly hair. When we arrived, I spotted him standing out front. So I approached him and asked "Bob- can I get a photo?" Here it is...

After this photo was taken, "Bob" leaned over and said "I'm not Bob Gruen, he is," pointing to this man:



My mistake. The first guy ended up being David Golless (sp?) and is a some-what found photographer as well.

The event was pretty cool. Debbie Harry of "Blondie" and some other band members even showed up... (we like our city)

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Ha! I love that the first guy took the picture with you anyway.

Also good job on getting the pic of Blondie. That looks like it was super awesome.

So...where's Julia? ;)

Sparks in the Desert said...

Megan,

It's Me Sarah (Essuman) Sparks! Good to find your blog! It looks like you guys had a total blast! Love the moo moo! My blog is private, but if you want to view it, just send your e-mail address to chrissparks@infowest.com